Friday, May 7, 2010

Southern Lady Magazine and Some Family History


I have always been a reader of Southern Living ever since I was little. My mom subscribed to it and when I got to college I found myself buying my own copies. Well, this month I wanted to try something new. I purchased Southern Lady magazine and was utterly thrilled with it. While, it does have a more distinguished and sophisticated tone, the recipes and articles were great. To top it off there was an article about my family history in it! God works in strange ways doesn't he!

In their History Lessons section, Southern Lady magazine went inside Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate. Henry clay is my great-great-great uncle on my fathers side. The Clay name is still alive in our family and I am so fortunate to have such a well traced (and documented) family history. I will surely keep this article and cannot wait to share it with the rest of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment